Job Title: Junior Warehouse Operative
Reporting to: Senior Warehouse Operative and Head of Warehouse Operations
Working hrs: 09:00 – 17:30
A job description is a written statement of the essential characteristics of the job indicating duties, responsibilities, the degree of authority of the role and the required knowledge, experience and personal attributes of the post holder.
The Junior Warehouse Operative’s main objective is to load, unload, pick, pack and dispatch stock. In addition the post holder checks, conducts quality control of stock delivered and takes on administrative tasks where necessary. The Junior Warehouse operative reports to the Senior Warehouse Operative and/or Head of Warehouse Operations in the first instance, and works in close conjunction and supporting the Warehouse Department.
- To organise and sort goods delivered and dispatches.
- To monitor overflow of goods and storage space.
- To store goods correctly, safely taking into consideration to economise storage space and keep the warehouse tidy.
- To conduct quality control and recording of incoming stock.
- To undertake administrative tasks where necessary.
- To use appropriate warehouse machinery/equipment where appropriate.
- Support and engage in programs, projects and practices behind the company’s culture and strategy, and comply with all policies and procedures.
- To ensure all tasks are produced to a high standard and are completed on time.
- Undertake any training relevant to the efficient execution of any of the above duties, and to take responsibility for his/her own professional development.
- To undertake necessary Health & Safety responsibilities and duties as required by this post.
- To undertake any necessary Data Protection responsibilities and duties as required by the post.
- To follow and maintain systems as laid down by line management.
- To undertake any other tasks as deemed necessary by the Company when required.
HEALTH & SAFETY
With respect to the health, safety and welfare of employees at work, Rocaba Group Limited adheres to the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 by endeavouring to provide a safe and healthy working environment where activities do not subject people to unnecessary risk. Our aim is to prevent accidents by developing industry standards and adopting best working practices.
Every person within Rocaba Group Limited has a safety responsibility and individuals must be made aware of the legal, economic and moral duties regarding elimination of risk and accident prevention. This is achieved by providing staff with appropriate information, and practical instruction coupled with suitable and sufficient training. Staff are required to participate in appropriate training activities and refresher courses.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Understands of good customer service
- Knowledge of picking and packing of orders
- Solid understanding of health and safety regulations
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a warehouse
- A Forklift licence
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Solid interpersonal and communication both verbal and written skills
- Successful management of demanding workloads
- Good team-working skills
- Enthusiastic and results-driven
- Takes pride in delivering excellence
- Confident and positive proactive attitude
- Resilient, able to adapt and learn quickly
- A good level of fitness
- Ability to find practical solutions to problems
- Strong administrative skills