Job Title: 2nd Purchasing Assistant
Reporting to: Head of Purchasing
Working hrs: 09:00 – 17:30
A job description is a written statement of the essential characteristics of the job indicating duties, responsibilities, the degree of authority of the role and the required knowledge, experience and personal attributes of the post holder.
The main objective of the Purchasing Assistant is to act as a support person within the Purchasing team, specifically for Artwork, CRM, Demand Planning, Sage, and website and undertake any projects that may be given by the Head of Purchasing. The post holder ensures effective, efficient and accurate operations for the Purchasing Department. The Purchasing Assistant reports to the Head of Purchasing in the first instance, and works in close conjunction with and supporting the Artworker, Demand Planner and the other Purchasing Assistant of the Purchasing team as well as internal Stakeholders.
ASSISTANCE TO THE HEAD OF PURCHASING AND THE DEMAND PLANNER:
- Formulation of Stock requirement by Supplier in conjunction with the Demand Planner.
- Performing order placement against agreed terms as detailed by the Demand Planner.
- Administering specifications for services, equipment, products, supplies or substitute materials.
- Keeping accurate and up to date records of stock and process orders.
- Co-ordinating receipt of merchandise in conjunction with Warehousing.
- Maintaining price lists and costs pricing on web.
- Carrying out analysis and generates reports as required.
- Liaising with Suppliers regarding lead times and deliveries and communicates to internal Stakeholders.
- Managing product rejections using the Company procedures and policies.
- Obtaining quotes from Suppliers.
- Maintaining prices lists on Website and Sage.
- System and Process development.
COVER FOR THE PURCHASING ASSISTANT WHICH WILL INCLUDE:
- Maintaining clarity and precision in all transactions and to ensure that accurate records are kept and updated daily.
- Ensuring that all CRM and Sage tasks are carried out in accordance with Company procedures and policies.
- Processing all sales-related documentation on in house CRM system (i.e. sales orders, pro-forma invoices, purchase orders and card payment forms, etc.)
- Ensuring that all documentation is expedited in a timely manner.
- Updating and maintaining spreadsheets where required.
- Responding appropriately and speedily to any customer (internal and external) enquiries.
- Liaising with and facilitating communications between courier companies, suppliers and internal staff.
- Ensuring that all documentation going to suppliers matches the original Sales paperwork and is correct for cost price.
- Taking Sagepay payments for customers in accordance with the Company policies and procedures.
COVER FOR THE ARTWORKER WHICH WILL INCLUDE:
- Creation of digital proofs on preset templates and manages these using the CRM system.
- Carrying out correct and regular filing of digital files.
- Facilitating the project management of artwork to proof and plate stage
- To adhere to policies and procedures of the business
- To ensure all tasks are produced to a high standard and are completed on time
- To undertake duties that fit with the needs of the business
- Undertake any training relevant to the efficient execution of any of the above duties, and to take responsibility for his/her own professional development
- To undertake necessary Health & Safety responsibilities and duties as required by this post
- To follow and maintain systems as laid down by line management
- To undertake any necessary Data Protection responsibilities and duties as required by the post
HEALTH & SAFETY
With respect to the health, safety and welfare of employees at work, Rocaba Group Limited adheres to the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 by endeavouring to provide a safe and healthy working environment where activities do not subject people to unnecessary risk. Our aim is to prevent accidents by developing industry standards and adopting best working practices.
Every person within Rocaba Group Limited has a safety responsibility and individuals must be made aware of the legal, economic and moral duties regarding elimination of risk and accident prevention. This is achieved by providing staff with appropriate information, and practical instruction coupled with suitable and sufficient training. Staff are required to participate in appropriate training activities and refresher courses.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be literate and numerical
- Solid understanding and strong use of Excel
- Experience in working in a business environment in Purchasing, Stock Control or Procurement
- Experience in use of Sage 200.
- Experience of using a CRM system.
- Experience of working with Overseas Suppliers and the associated Supply Chains.
- Stock Replenishment experience.
- Print experience.
- Knowledge of use of Adobe Illustrator.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS
- Excellent IT skills – MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritise work
- Naturally pays attention to detail without any loss of accuracy
- Numerate, analytical, meticulous and methodical
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure
- Must be hardworking and self-motivated
- Must have a proactive, positive demeanour
- Is open-minded, inquisitive and an active learner