Web Developer (Front End) & Designer – This role has now been fulfilled
Location: Euston, London, NW1
Usual Working Hours: 09:00 -17:30, Monday to Friday
About the Company
Since it was founded in 2006, Rocaba Group Limited has become one of the UK’s most forward thinking e-commerce companies, and grown to a team of 35 people with revenues of over £4 million. Our head office and warehousing are both based in North London. Our group innovates in industries with huge potential for growth. The best example of this is our flagship brand Carrier Bag Shop that provides stock and bespoke packaging for international brands right through to independent retailers, both online and offline.
About the Role
Being ambitious, proactive and culture driven is the only way to succeed at Rocaba Group. We’re looking for a creative and commercially minded Front End Web Developer and Designer to join the best team in our industry – working on all aspects of marketing, customer communications, brand growth and product development. Working alongside a team of back end developers and marketing executives, you will be responsible for coding designing and coding all front end aspects of our web presences, as well as now mobile platforms and apps. Whilst the majority of the role is around web development, the role also requires the candidate to be involved in aspects of marketing design, from banners and e-mail to social media assets. We’ll be asking you where you get your news and views on the industry, what experiences you have proactively created to familiarise yourself with digital design and development, and who has inspired or guided you on your journey thus far.
We’re looking for the best because this opportunity offers a chance to learn and implement some of the most progressive and creative marketing methods around. On top of that, we’re a small team that listen, so you’ll have a chance to make a real difference and see the biggest customer base in the industry respond to campaigns you’ve worked on.
• Reporting to the E-commerce Manager and Senior Management on a regular basis
• Designing and developing the front end of company websites
• Designing and developing mobile apps
• Coding in HTML, CSS, JQuery, Ajax and other front end technologies
• Designing and developing back end software for business management
• Designing marketing collateral as required by the business, including banners, newsletters, flyers and image clean up.
• To show expertise in areas such as layout, colours & styles, typography and user
• Report generation using Excel, Google Analytics, internal CRM’s and cloud based softwares used across the business
• Meeting deadlines and monitoring results as well as adjusting campaigns in real time
• Competitor and market watching
• Solid MS office knowledge. Basic Photoshop ability or higher is also preferred.
• Idea generation from scratch with the ability to proactively see the idea through and rally internal support
• Must be prepared to articulate points thoughtfully and confidently to any member of staff for the good of the business.
Required Knowledge and Experience
• An excellent portfolio
• Good understanding of UX/UI
• Experience in cross-browser, cross-platform, cross-device functionality
• Front end development knowledge using ASP.NET
• API experience or willing to learn
• Be up to date with latest technologies
• Passion for digital marketing and proactively keeping up with latest industry trends
• Proficient and demonstrable knowledge of MS Office
• Should have a degree in a relevant field (e.g. Media, Marketing, Web design) or at least 5 years industry experience.
• High level of commercial-awareness
• Working in an Agile project management environment
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of Adobe Suite (In-Design, Photoshop, Illustrator & Dreamweaver)
• Excellent IT Skills
• Solid interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to work to a brief and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to find practical solutions to problems and prioritise
• Ability to work with a team as well as take own initiative
• Solid organisational skills
• Able to work under pressure accurately
• Ability to assimilate information and apply it where applicable
• Must be motivated, inquisitive and an active learner
• Must be creative, able to generate ideas from scratch and imaginative
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
• Experience working with PHP or Ruby/Rails frameworks
• Experience with Angluar JS or similar MVC frameworks
• Creation and maintenance of MySQL and SQL databases
• Basic PHP
• WordPress theme and plugin development
• An interest in photography
• Axure + wire framing software
We expect your passion for all thing digital to be 24/7/365. In return we promise the time you spend in our office applying your skills will be rewarded with tangible job satisfaction and professional growth. You’ll also get Holiday Entitlement, Paid Sick Leave, Childcare Voucher Schemes, Training and Development opportunities, a Stakeholder Pension Scheme, Private Healthcare and free Eye-Testing.
If you’re interested in being part our success, send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.