North London (N18), N18 3HT
Permanent, Full Time
We have an exciting opportunity for an Purchasing Assistant to join our Purchasing Team immediately based in Edmonton, North London. The successful candidate will act as a support person the Purchasing team, specifically for Artwork, CRM, Demand Planning, Sage, and website and undertake any projects that may be given by the Head of Purchasing. The post holder will ensure effective, efficient and accurate operations for the Purchasing Department. The ideal candidate needs to be a hardworking, proactive, quick and active learner. You will also be contributing to the establishment and refinement of departmental systems and procedures. In return we offer a basic salary + benefits including Holiday Entitlement, Childcare Voucher Scheme, Training and Development opportunities, a Stakeholder Pension Scheme and free Eye-Testing.
- Creates digital proofs on preset templates and manages these using the CRM system.
- To carry out correct and regular filing of digital files.
- To facilitate project managing of artwork to proof and plate stage.
BESPOKE ORDER PROCESSING
- To maintain clarity and precision in all transactions and to ensure that accurate records are kept and updated daily.
- To ensure that all CRM and Sage tasks are carried out in accordance with Company procedures and policies.
- To process all sales-related documentation (i.e. sales orders, pro-forma invoices, purchase orders and card payment forms, etc.).
- To ensure that all documentation is expedited in a timely manner.
- To update and maintain spreadsheets where required.
- To respond appropriately to any customer enquiries.
- To liaise with and facilitate communications between courier companies, suppliers and internal staff.
- To ensure that all documentation going to suppliers matches the original Sales paperwork and is correct for cost price.
- Take Sagepay payments for customers in accordance with the Company policies and procedures.
- Performs order placement against agreed terms as detailed by the Demand Planner.
- Maintains specifications for services, equipment, products, supplies or substitute materials.
- To keep records of stock and process orders.
- To co-ordinate receipt of merchandise.
- Maintains price lists and costs pricing on web.
- Liaise with Suppliers regarding lead times and deliveries and advises Internal Stakeholders of any changes.
- Managing customer complaints/product rejections using the Company procedures and policies.
- Obtaining bespoke quotes from suppliers.
- Maintaining stock and bespoke prices lists on CRM system.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Must be literate and numerical
- Solid understanding and strong use of Excel
- Excellent IT skills – MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritise work
- Naturally pays attention to detail without any loss of accuracy
- Numerate, analytical, meticulous and methodical
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure
- Must be hardworking and self-motivated
- Must have a proactive, positive demeanour
- Is open-minded, inquisitive and an active learner