Graphic Designer & Photographer
Location: North London, N18 3HT
Usual Working Hours: 09:00 -17:30, Monday to Friday
About the Company
Since it was founded in 2006, Rocaba Group Limited has become one of the UK’s most forward thinking e-commerce companies, and grown to a team of 35 people with revenues of over £4 million. Our head office and warehousing are both based in North London. Our group innovates in industries with huge potential for growth. The best example of this is our flagship brand Carrier Bag Shop that provides stock and bespoke packaging for international brands right through to independent retailers, both online and offline.
About the Role
Being ambitious, proactive and culture driven is the only way to succeed at Rocaba Group. We’re looking for a creative and commercially minded Graphic Designer & Photographer to join the best team in our industry – working on all aspects of marketing, customer communications, brand growth and product development. Working alongside a team of web developers and marketing executives, you will be responsible for putting together a wide range of digital and print based marketing collateral, web design and product photography. Whilst the majority of the role is around digital design, the role also requires the candidate to be involved in aspects of marketing, from e-mail marketing, social media platforms, PPC, analytics and so on. We’ll be asking you where you get your news and views on the industry, what experiences you have proactively created to familiarise yourself with digital design and development, and who has inspired or guided you on your journey thus far.
We’re looking for the best because this opportunity offers a chance to learn and implement some of the most progressive and creative marketing methods around. On top of that, we’re a small team that listen, so you’ll have a chance to make a real difference and see the biggest customer base in the industry respond to campaigns you’ve worked on.
• Reporting to the E-commerce Manager and Senior Management on a regular basis
• Designing and developing aspects of the company websites
• Designing and developing mobile apps
• Designing marketing collateral as required by the business, including banners, newsletters, flyers and image clean up
• Creating photography concepts and coming up with creative ideas
• Managing a small photo studio and Canon camera equipment
• To show knowledge in areas such as layout, colours & styles, typography and user
• Report generation using Excel, Google Analytics, internal CRM’s and cloud based software used across the business
• Meeting deadlines and monitoring results as well as adjusting campaigns in real time
• Competitor and market watching
• Solid MS office knowledge.
• Idea generation from scratch with the ability to proactively see the idea through and rally internal support
• Must be prepared to articulate points thoughtfully and confidently to any member of staff for the good of the business.
Required Knowledge and Experience
• An creative portfolio
• Basic understanding of UX/UI
• Passion for digital marketing and proactively keeping up with latest industry trends
• Proficient and demonstrable knowledge of MS Office
• Should have a degree in a relevant field (e.g. Media, Marketing, Web design) or at least 5 years industry experience
• Ability to use a standard photo studio set up to take product images
• High level of commercial-awareness
• Good knowledge and understanding of Adobe Suite (In-Design, Photoshop, Illustrator & Dreamweaver)
• Good IT Skills
• Solid interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to work to a brief and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to find practical solutions to problems and prioritise
• Ability to work with a team as well as take own initiative
• Solid organisational skills
• Able to work under pressure accurately
• Ability to assimilate information and apply it where applicable
• Must be motivated, inquisitive and an active learner
• Must be creative, able to generate ideas from scratch and imaginative
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
• Understanding of HTML5, CSS3 and Java Script, WordPress
• WordPress theme and plugin development
We expect your passion for all thing digital to be 24/7/365. In return we promise the time you spend in our office applying your skills will be rewarded with tangible job satisfaction and professional growth. You’ll also get Holiday Entitlement, Paid Sick Leave, Childcare Voucher Schemes, Training and Development opportunities, a Stakeholder Pension Scheme, Private Healthcare and free Eye-Testing.
If you’re interested in being part our success, send your updated CV to email@example.com.